About Our Firm
Unparalleled Criminal Defense against Federal and State Charges
At the Law Firm of Rabin & Lopez, we are dedicated solely to defending people facing criminal charges and other adjacent legal issues. With an extensive background and successful track record representing clients dealing with a wide range of state and federal crimes, our experience and devotion to defending clients’ rights is unmatched. Moreover, we offer the support and compassion that can help you get through this challenging ordeal.
Who are we?
Our law firm is headed by Sam Rabin, a former prosecutor, who also served as Deputy Chief Assistant State Attorney under former State Attorney Janet Reno. Mr. Rabin is well known for his many courtroom victories—a result of his invaluable perspective as a former prosecutor, thorough preparation, commanding courtroom presence, and unwavering dedication.
Joining Mr. Rabin is partner Andrea Lopez. Ms. Lopez graduated from the University of Miami, where she attained the degree of Bachelor of Business Administration in political science with a minor in psychology, continuously making Dean’s list. She then went on to attend the University of Miami School of Law on a Dean’s Merit Scholarship. Ms. Lopez focuses her practice on all aspects of criminal cases, including trials, pretrial motions, discovery, plea negotiations, and sentencing.
Mr. Rabin and Ms. Lopez are supported by a staff of highly qualified legal professionals, all dedicated to protecting your rights and preparing the best defense for your case.
Criminal law is a broad legal field, and our experience extends beyond the basics. We are prepared to handle all types of state and federal criminal cases and legal matters, including the following:
- Asset forfeitures
- Criminal appeals
- Criminal investigations
- Domestic crimes
- Grand jury investigations
- Healthcare-related crimes
- Insurance fraud
- Internet crimes
- Narcotics and drug crimes
- Public corruption
- Real estate crimes
- Sentencing hearings and sentence reductions
- White-collar crimes
See a full list of our Practice Areas.
Arrested for a crime? Know your legal rightsIf you are arrested, under investigation, or questioned for your possible involvement in a crime, you have a right to summon your lawyer first. Remember that no matter how innocent questions from law enforcement may sound, you never want to speak to them without an attorney present. There is always an agenda, and your answers could inadvertently implicate you—even if you are innocent. Your lawyer protects your rights during questioning and advises you throughout every step of the legal process, should a case against you proceed.
Understand the Statute of LimitationsThe mere passage of time does not ensure that you are out of the woods. For example, if you participated in a fraud, even in the smallest fashion, you are criminally liable as a co-conspirator for the acts and conduct of alleged co-conspirators. A conspiracy is a fancy word for an agreement among people to violate the law. Because fraud, by its very nature, is secretive, furtive and designed not to be discovered, many jurisdictions extend the Statute of Limitations in cases involving fraud to commence when the fraud is discovered. The effect of this could mean that you may remain liable for your criminal conduct for many years beyond the normal statute of limitations.
Benefits and values of quality legal representationWhen you call on the Law Firm of Rabin & Lopez, you are securing an empathetic and supportive advocate. Consider all the following ways in which we help our clients:
- Accessible – We are readily available to our clients at any time—you can always reach us.
- Focus – Our practice is one hundred percent devoted to criminal defense matters, and we have experience advocating for clients in state and federal courts throughout the country, including at the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Expert network – As we build your defense, we often engage the services of our unparalleled network of investigators, specialists, and other experts. These are invaluable resources when your freedom and reputation are at stake.
- Individual service – We limit the cases we take to ensure that each client receives the high-quality attention and representation.
- Knowledge – Having tried more than 300 cases in federal and state courts, we draw upon extensive experience and knowledge of the law to prepare the best defense possible